As they all do, the first month of the new year flew by. Every day's a good day just to be alive and blessed with good health. There are several good and bad moments each day, month and year that seem to stick with us more than others, however. Here are a few of those types of memorable January moments for me:
?? Woke up on the 1st day of the month not missing 2020 one iota and so full of hope for a brand new year ahead for us all.
- ?The absolute sickening horror unfolding at our Capitol on January 6. Finally fell asleep around 5:00 a.m. on January 7 very concerned about the future of democracy.
- ??Feeling of renewed optimism and extreme relief at the end of the day on January 20 and appreciative of being uplifted by Biden's inaugaration speech and Amanda Gorman's presentation of her stunningly beautiful inaugural poem.
- ?Covid-19 fatalities higher than ever in the U.S. -- another tragic reminder of how too many folks stay so busy that they put off sharing time with special family and friends -- and some day it will be too late for all of us.
- ?More grateful than ever for good health, food on the table and a roof over our heads.
- ?Reminded that some folk's B.S. can sneak up on you no matter how adept you think you may be at detecting it.
- ☃️Inhaled the tranquility of falling snow many times during a cold, wintry January and grateful for its beauty and the permission snowfalls seem to offer for us to take a break, breathe, be.
- ??♀️Confused over which vaccine to take and when -- plus not knowing whether or not I can even take it with my history of anaphylaxis.
- ???Excited over learning new software - not actually new to the world - just to me. I had never used it before and am finding my new found knowledge and skills to be super useful to us every day.
- ?The disgust over Washington politics and the very, VERY sickening recognition that accountability may no longer exist when it comes to our elected repesentatives and so called leaders.
- ??Feeling very grateful for the extra bounce in my step after phone calls and other connections with family and close friends.
Thanks so much for stopping by nbjconsulting.com and helloooooo February - what will its memorable moments be for all of us??