Top ten Things that Exhausted Me in 2009:
- Having to carry that ol’ imaginary shovel around b/c of all the phoniness and BS in this ol’ world
- Folks who are always late and who apologize (again and again) for their tardiness without any intention of acting on their empty apologies
- Veneer people – no substance – the only thing that’s real is their fakeness (including religious hypocrites)
- Relatives and “friends” who say ‘I care about you” when their repeated actions show just the opposite
- Self-absorbed, me,me,me first people – why do so many of them think we don’t know that about them?!
- Whiners – period!
- Toxic personalities that ensure unpleasantness when around them and who leave a really bad taste in one’s mouth long after they’re gone
- Doctors, lawyers and other professionals who talk down to others without ever really listening to what others say to them
- Women who wouldn’t be caught dead looking less than perfectly (and unnaturally) made up, are scared to death of chipping their nail polish and who like to give we frumpier sorts a holier-than-thou once over (guess who’s more comfortable in their clothes and their skins!?!)
- Overloading my schedule to burnout proportions…really irritating to know I did “this” to myself due to a failure to say “No” and poor planning
Top Ten Things That Energized Me in 2009:
- Exercise & healthier diet
- Being around sincere people with positive attitudes
- My consulting work, fantastic clients, and serving as a mediator helping to keep folks out of the courtroom, finding closure to conflict and moving on with their lives
- Our 4-legged family members (5 beautiful horses, 9 heehawing donkeys, 3 Biiiigggg dogs, and 1 very tough cat)
- Helping others especially when they didn’t know it
- Inspirational stories of survival, perseverance, courage
- Reading good books
- Quiet, renewing stillness, time for nurturing my spirituality
- The instant calming of the majesty of oceans and mountains
- Being true to myself and hanging on tight to a positive attitude in spite of the endless parade of people and situations tempting me otherwise!
A very Happy New Year to all and my best wishes that 2010 brings you all that you need in good moments, health, lessons, strength and peace ~